Flickering when turned off and or set to black

Started by Frunobulax

Psycrow

They fixed it with the latest driver/firmware update..it was a firmware bug. I updated my nanoleaf and they dont flicker anymore

Altermind

Still flicking like crazy when turned off or black here. 3.0.5
High pitch whine when turned up bright also detected.

Psycrow

I have version 3.2.0 (137) beta i guess
I got it from the devs in a link cuz they know about the flickering issue.
Try and reach out for the support in here and tell em ur lights are flickering in the dark when off. Then they can send you the same beta version of the app and firmware. It realy fixed it for me.

Aliakbar Eski

Hey guys, the flickering panel fix has been released in firmware version 3.0.6 for the Light Panels. You should be seeing a firmware update request on your app for your device within the next 24-48 hours. It had been in beta for a while and that's why some people got an early stab at it.

Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Alex75

Hi,

I'm currently on firmware version 3.1.2 and I still have the same problem. The flickering has never gone away for me, no matter which firmware I have. It's even worse now, the panels are not just faintly flickering when off, they also randomly emit short bursts of bright light. It's only a fraction of a second but enough to fully light up the room at night, creating a lightning effect.

Another thing, less annoying and not a "bug" but still kind of sucks… previously when turning the panels off, they would fade off in a random sequence which was a nice visual gimmick. Recently, when turning them off, they just go all at once.

Alex75

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I hope the flickering can be somehow fixed. I just got used to it (after two years of sleeping with it) and now it started randomly flashing. It occurs anytime between couple of minutes to an hour apart.

As for the turn off sequence, I already did open a ticket a couple of months ago and provided them with the video showing how the panels turn off all at once. I even shot it in slow motion so it's easier to see. I was "convinced" that there's nothing wrong with the panels and it's normal that they all turn off at once. Apparently they even somehow remotely tested my controller and everything is fine.

Aliakbar Eski

Yeah that's unacceptable. This is a high priority issue for us now.
I will touch base with the CX team to see if I can dig out the video and see what's going on there.
Regards

Moosball

Hi,
I have notices the fickering behavior last night at my boys room. im On Firmware 3.1.2.
When i turn off the nanoleafs they looks like dark, but then after some time, it starts to flicker. in my case, i see the first leaf is flickering where the power is connected and the one that is most away from the power. after some seconds all the others leafs are flickering to.
Regards

Aliakbar Eski

Hey guys,

We have found the issue and are working on fixing it.
This will be fixed in the next firmware release which should be out soon!
Apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards

J. T

My 14 Panels are on Firmware 5.2.2, still persisting issue. My Friend (9 Panels) even stoped using his panels completely for this reason.

Psycrow

My 14 Panels are on Firmware 5.2.2, still persisting issue. My Friend (9 Panels) even stoped using his panels completely for this reason.

I made a hard reset and it fixed the flickering problem for now..i dont know why they flicker sometimes but if you disconnect the panels from the power and wait like 10-20 seconds. Then you connect the power again while holding the two bottons in for at least 30 seconds on same time. So if you have a friend to help you with that part or somehow can reach the power an dthe controller on same time. Then you pair the panels again and add em to or network. Then see if the flickering problem is gone…it was fo rme.