Smartthings API

Started by EdwardN

EdwardN

I've found a very beta nanoleaf - smartthings api written by a github member but I'm hoping for some news of an official version. His requires translating the IP address into hex and jumping through some hoops to get the authentication key, and polling appears to be intermittent. Perhaps you could contact the author to either use his source to make an api, or offer a way to help with those issues?

donion

I would second the above request. Smartthings is the most flexible and friendly home automation hub and providing official support to that will open up infinite possibilities in home automation. For example, I am looking forward to making my aurora panels blink red when my flooding sensor detects some water leak in the basement. I already do that with Hue bulbs, but having another notification in another room is what home automation is all about.

Most critical parts of this code is already available (as in EdwardN's post), you only need to fix it and make it official.

Hsomatic

Please please do this….. the amount of people using smartthings im shocked the nanoleaf didnt launch with smartthings support. It has 10x to the tenth power the userbase over Homekit. You can guarantee more sales with this integration.

mrhector

Still bummed they removed Smartthings integration from the roadmap last year. Am reliant on my Echo now but would love to have everything in one spot.

malawar

Has there been any update on this? I was surprised to learn that the essentials series are not compatible with Smartthings after I bought enough bulbs and strips for my entire home… =/

oranesters

Hey everyone! I came across a SmartThings API for Nanoleaf on GitHub, but it seems to be in a very beta stage.

Personally, I'm excited about the possibilities that an official integration between Nanoleaf and SmartThings could bring. Imagine being able to have your Nanoleaf panels blink red when a flooding sensor detects water in the basement. It's these kinds of notifications in different rooms that make home automation truly powerful.

I'm sure it would attract more sales and bring joy to many SmartThings users. Let's hope for some positive news soon!

If anyone has more info or personal experiences with this topic, please feel free to share.

aged__firefly__896

The SmartThings API allows developers to integrate and control smart devices, making it relevant in various applications beyond its traditional use. In the context of crypto exchanges, leveraging the SmartThings API could enhance the security and automation of cryptocurrency storage solutions, such as crypto wallets and hardware security modules. Integrating smart devices through this API can provide additional layers of protection and convenience for users engaging with crypto exchanges.