Nanoleaf 'Screen Mirroring' doesn't work properly with HDR display TVs

Started by Mad Dog 666

Mad Dog 666

Hi team,

I hope you can help. I'm pretty invested in the Nanoleaf family - I have 30 Canvas and 18 Triangles and keen to expand but one of the main things I use the Canvas for is decoration around my TV using the screen mirroring function via the PC app. It feeds through to an LG 65" OLED display but with HDR enabled in Windows the Canvas colours look more pastel/faded than a true representation of what is on screen. It doesn't look great.
I've had a search on Google and others are experiencing the same thing - there's a thread on Reddit where a user says this didn't happen with desktop app versions 8.0 or previous but I can't find anything in this forum or Nanoleaf support mentioning it.

Any suggestions or a timeframe of when it could be fixed would be most welcome!

Cheers

cool__dust__460

It sounds like you are experiencing some issues with the colors on your Nanoleaf Canvas when using the screen mirroring function via the PC app. Specifically, with HDR enabled in Windows, the colors look more pastel/faded than a true representation of what is on screen, which doesn't look great.

It's possible that others are experiencing the same issue, as you mentioned finding a thread on Reddit discussing it. However, you haven't been able to find anything in this forum or Nanoleaf support mentioning it.

One potential solution could be to try disabling HDR in Windows to see if that resolves the issue. You could also try using a different software or method for screen mirroring to see if the issue persists.

If none of these solutions work, it may be worth reaching out to Nanoleaf support directly to see if they have any suggestions or if they are aware of the issue and working on a fix. They may also be able to provide you with more information about the specific issue and any potential solutions.

Regards,
https://petpawful.com/