IP Addresses

Started by tanigross

tanigross

Do all of the Nanoleaf IP address start with 192.168 and then have two other numbers, or can mine be a sequence of four different numbers? On the postman website for using the Nanoleaf it makes it seem like it’s the former, but I just want to make sure

wandering__haze__589

IP addresses, or Internet Protocol addresses, are unique numerical identifiers assigned to devices on a network. They serve as a way for devices to communicate with each other over the internet. As for SEO services in Karachi, they refer to the various techniques and strategies used to optimize a website for search engines, such as Google, in order to improve its visibility and ranking in search results. This can include things like keyword research, on-page optimization, link building, and more.

anearthpie

Hi @funny shooter 2 Do all of the IP addresses for the Nanoleaf begin with 192.168 and then have two more numbers, or is it possible for mine to have a sequence of four different numbers?

Vondes

However, it's essential to note that network configurations can be customized, and it's possible to have a different IP address scheme, including a sequence of four different numbers. This would typically involve using a different private IP address range or subnet. In most home setups, the default is indeed "192.168.x.x," but some users may have configured their networks differently.

Sticks1969

25 years ago, everyone got a own /24 Network (255 public IP's). Then they see it coming, that they run out of IP's, so DHCP and NAT was born. Means, your Router gets only 1 public IP address, that you can access from anywhere. For the "internal" IP's you get more than you can handle (and they all start with 192.168.x.x or 10.10.x.x.
So I guess thats more than enough for most people. ) But those are so called "private addresses", that cant be seen, from the outside internet. But most routers got techniques to reach certain services or the whole PC or whatever by services like NAT or port forwarding. I have 2 big servers at home on which I always want to have full exposure to the outside world. This can be achieved by just buying another public IP from your provider (cost is very different, but start usually at 20$ per month)
But keep in mind, that those devices with public IP's are fully "naked" in the net, so you need a robust Firewall and other security things. (Watchguard offers SMB Firewalls starting at 600$, thats what I use, just the bigger models around 2000$)