Please encourage your software engineers

Started by jrlnano

jrlnano

Please encourage your software engineers to quit their jobs and join the service industry. They could deliver food or join task rabbit. If construction workers were building homes without following basic construction principles, or simply didn't have the technical ability to do so, I would offer them the same encouragement.

It is not a contribution to society to produce terrible software and then hire graphic designers and photographers to oversell the underlying product. While I understand that it does not rise to the legal level of fraud, it is certainly moral fraud. The cost passed on to consumers is orders of magnitude more than the cost of the products themselves. Someone might pay a few hundred dollars for your product, and then lose thousands of dollars of utility from all the time and frustration expended afterward.

I know your API inside and out. I've read every public piece of API documentation. I've written my own gesture classifier using the UDP interface. I wrote a small scripting language to allow for more interesting animations. I've used your app on iOS and Android and desktop. And I've come to one conclusion: Trying to integrate with your ecosystem is like trying to do a school project with the stoner kid who can't pay attention long enough to grasp a full sentence. It's just not worth the mental drain of trying to drag your incompetence into the future.

All the best,
-J

Aliakbar Eski

Hey @jrlnano

We have spoken before on length about Canvas touch gestures. What is the issue that you are facing?
I can understand you are exhausted so you don't need to dive into the details right now, but do let me know how I can be of help.

Regards

oranesters

Hey everyone,

I believe it's important to encourage software engineers in their careers, but suggesting that they quit their jobs and join the service industry may not be the most constructive adviceā€¦

While I understand the frustration expressed in the comment about producing subpar software and relying on flashy marketing tactics, it's essential to remember that not all companies operate in the same manner. There are companies like Andersen out there that prioritize quality and user satisfaction.

In the end, let's strive for a constructive dialogue that encourages companies to invest in quality software development and prioritize user experience! :)

holy__snow__489

Software engineering is a challenging and constantly evolving field that requires creativity, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail. It can be a rewarding and fulfilling career, but it can also be demanding and stressful at times.
To all software engineers out there, I want to say that your work is important and valued. You are helping to create new technologies and tools that are changing the world and making a positive impact on people's lives. Your dedication and hard work are appreciated, and I encourage you to keep pushing forward, learning new skills, and exploring new ideas. Remember that every challenge you face is an opportunity to grow and improve, and that your contributions to the field of software engineering are making a real difference in the world.