How much can you control?

Started by MylesG

MylesG

I am thinking about buying a basic triangle nanoleaf pack and using it as a fun way to learn to program apps with APIs and whatnot. How much control do you have over the lights? Can they change color instantly and "flash" or do they change slowly? Can you do anything with them or are there features that you don't get access to?
Thanks for any help, I am hoping to get an understanding before making the purchase.

Aliakbar Eski

@MylesG

You do get a lot of control over the Light Panels and Canvas.

It allows you to control the basics such as on-off and brightness along with the color and CCT of the entire system as a whole.

You can activate or make your own effects from the inbuilt and downloaded (download using the app) motions.

Using 'animData' and stream control you can also individually control the panel's color.

The API will give you the layout in 2D geometrical space as well, so you are free to use the data to show it on a screen or any other way.

On Canvas, which is touch enabled, touch gestures are also available as SSE (Server-Sent-Events).

Take a look at the documentation for more detail or feel free to ask here.

Hope this helps

Regards

MylesG

@"Aliakbar Eski" Thanks for the response! I was wondering how fast the lights themselves could change, I had an idea for a project that would use them to flash colors pretty quickly. Are the lights capable of this ( For example phillips hue is capable of doing this), or is there a natural hardware delay when changing colors that wouldnt allow flashing?

Aliakbar Eski

@MylesG

The answer to the question "can they flash?" is yes. They can. We have specific seizure warnings when transition times for effects is set too low. (or conversely, speed is set too high)

If you use stream control, you can stream changes as fast as 10Hz to the panels.

Without some more specifics I am unable to your answer question with more clairity.

Hope this helps

Regards